AA-AAAS Bibliography: Inclusion Guidelines
Publications were identified using the methods below. Researchers searched four databases, as well as both Google and Google Scholar, using the keywords below, and hand-searched a number of journals back to 1995. Researchers also scanned the Web sites of research centers and consortia for relevant publications.
Publications should reflect one of the following:
- Investigation of AA-AAAS validity, alignment, administration, and use.
- Teachers', parents', and administrators' knowledge or perceptions of AA-AAAS, as well as descriptive studies on AA-AAAS administration and use.
- Standards-based content-alignment and academic instruction for students with significant cognitive disabilities.
- Policy and reform related to standards-based instruction and assessment for students with significant cognitive disabilities, including articles on NCLB/ESEA and IDEA as they pertain to students with significant cognitive disabilities.
Articles published after 1995
Databases and Search Engines
- Review of four research databases: ERIC, Digital Dissertations, Education Full Text, and PsycInfo
- Google and Google scholar
- alternate assessments
- alternate academic achievement standards
- assessment (severe or significant) disabilities
- (NCLB or ESEA) (severe or significant) disabilities
- assessment 1%
- AA-AAAS (assessment)
- accountability assessment (severe or significant) disabilities
- standards reform (severe or significant) disabilities
- large-scale assessment (severe or significant) disabilities
- content alignment (severe or significant) disabilities
- growth models (severe or significant) disabilities
- standards instruction (severe or significant) disabilities
- NAAC (http://www.naacpartners.org)
- NCEO (http://www.nceo.info)
- CAST (http://www.cast.org)
- Center for Assessment (http://www.nciea.org)
- UNC-C General Curriculum Projects (http://education.uncc.edu/access)
- Pacific Assessment Consortium (http://www.pac6.org/document_list/)
- Institute on Disability / UCED (http://www.iod.unh.edu/)
- Vanderbilt/Peabody Learning Sciences Institute (http://peabody.vanderbilt.edu/LSI_Projects.xml)
- Journal of Special Education
- Exceptional Children
- Remedial and Special Education
- Research and Practice for Persons with Severe Disabilities
- Assessment for Effective Intervention
- Education and Training in Autism and Developmental Disabilities
- Educational Measurement Issues and Practice
- State technical manuals, administration manuals, or inclusion guidelines.
- Publications with only a tangential focus on alternate assessments or students with significant cognitive disabilities.
- Technical assistance documents with a limited audience.
- Publications on non-standards-based instruction.