- AA-AAAS Bibliography
Publications were identified using the methods below. Researchers searched four databases, as well as both Google and Google Scholar, using the keywords below, and hand-searched a number of journals back to 1995. Researchers also scanned the Web sites of research centers and consortia for relevant publications.
Publications should reflect one of the following:
- Investigation of AA-AAS validity, alignment, administration, and use.
- Teachers', parents', and administrators' knowledge or perceptions of AA-AAS, as well as descriptive studies on AA-AAS administration and use.
- Standards-based content-alignment and academic instruction for students with significant cognitive disabilities.
- Policy and reform related to standards-based instruction and assessment for students with significant cognitive disabilities, including articles on NCLB/ESEA and IDEA as they pertain to students with significant cognitive disabilities.
|Timeline||Articles published after 1995|
|Databases and Search Engines|
- State technical manuals, administration manuals, or inclusion guidelines.
- Publications with only a tangential focus on alternate assessments or students with significant cognitive disabilities.
- Technical assistance documents with a limited audience.
- Publications on non-standards-based instruction.